Did you encounter this Facebook Auto Chat Virus ?

Facebook logo
I use Facebook everyday and every hour,I spend my time reading all status updates and check for the latest trends happening online. I also encounter weird Facebook shotgun Likes invitations, weird photo tags and now the Facebook Auto Chat (virus).

you might encounter incoming chat from your friends and network and they post weird messages like

"lol, have you seen your picture? its so funny!"

"just give me a call when you read this"

Sometimes the Facebook incoming chats are funny, others are weird...and some have a lot of drama. I receive this chats last week and I think my Facebook chat is also infected, and to prevent the spread of the worm or virus, I manually disabled my Facebook chat for good, so that I won't receive any of those weird messages and also to prevent the spread the worm, if ever I am infected, because I can't really tell.

Here's a funny incident that happened today, I was on a meeting with my colleagues, then my phone rang and a Facebook friend called me to check me if I am okay, and then I told him that I'm okay and what's up, we were suppose to meet last week and I canceled our meet up because I'm sick and I was wondering that my friend here might get another sched for us to meet.

Then he told me that he received a Facebook chat from me and it says that I should give him a call, and I am shocked after I heard that and told my friend that my Facebook chat is disabled and I'm not online. So that means the Facebook Auto Chat worm or virus can still use the chat engine of Facebook and still sends messages even that you are offline or disconnected from the internet. Wow!! how did they do that?

I started some research and saw that there's no news about this Facebook auto chat sessions from a virus, but I read that many forumers are offering anti virus removal for your computers, I' m very careful in downloading fix and tool kit, but I suggest to everyone that you should be very careful in downloading these tool kit, because we can't guarantee if that will work.

I know people at Facebook are working on their shell to solve this issues, and I do hope that they can inform us if it is complete solved or not..

So be very careful!

Just remember..

1. If someone posted a photo in your wall and contains a link like the "video of a kid committed suicide on camera" or "Miley Cyrus is a naughty girl and naked" . Just delete it and don't ever click on the link.

2. Same goes to Facebook app, there are apps that can redirect you to a website containing malicious sites that will auto download some harmful files in your computer,if someone invited you, just dont click it.

3. Never give any details about your personal profile in Facebook, if someone ask you in a chat or in a message.

4. Always check the url of your Facebook, or a link that was sent to you via email, sometimes a face Facebook notification arrives in your email inbox and say that you receive a tag from a friend and when you click on a link, it will direct you this fake Facebook site and it will steal your passwords and profile.

5. If you don't know what to do, just post a question in your wall and someone from your friends can help you what to do.

ok that's all folks!

------

Ok after I wrote this post, I saw this news just now

ALERT: Facebook Chat Hijackings Continue To Spread

http://www.allfacebook.com/alert-facebook-chat-hijackings-continue-to-spread-2011-03