Generatox Rex online games at Cartoon Network website (and my review)

Abysus Arena (2)
Cartoon Network's official website now hosts 2 official Generator Rex online video game "Abysus Rex Arena", players can battle Rex's evil enemies with awesome 3D grapics, its another experience from the new and popular action cartoon show Generator Rex. Defeat as many EVOs are possible before facing off Van Kleiss. Players can play as Generator Rex and use his powerful machines such as Smackhands with powerful combos and players can search for power up and health refill in order to survive throughout the game.

Nanite Master (3)
Another game called "Nanite Master", players can experience a classic arcade game style, battle head to head with Biowulf in a fighting game match, palyers with a high score on the board will win. That's unlimited rounds for a fighting game.

The website portal of Generator Rex includes the online game and also online goodies free for download like desktop icons, wall papers, calendars, e-cards and many more. You can also interact with fellow Generator Rex fans via the message board section.

Generator Rex adventures and new episodes airs only at Cartoon Network everyone Sunday at 9am.

play the game by visiting www.cartoonnetwork.com.ph

or shortcut here to Generator REx portal site http://www.cartoonnetwork.com.ph/minisite/generator_rex/index.php

and game at http://games.cartoonnetworkasia.com/play/en/generator_rex/abysus_arena/index.php


My game review.

After visiting the game site and loading all the flash components of the game, the site recommends me to install this Unity3D app first before playing the game, I think this add on is needed for my browser in order use the game engine's 3D graphics, parents should guide their kids and tell them how this thing works. I wrong click or install or maybe transfer to another site can crash your web browser, But I saw here that the installation is clean and easy. Its just a 573KB file needed to be installed in my web browser. After downloading that app, I installed it right away and in just 5 seconds, the app is now installed.

I went back to the site and click the game portal again, this time I chose the Abysus Arena game. After clicking the Unity player that installed in my browser starts to load, my internet speed here at home is only at the basic speed,lets say around 300kbps, so my experience of loading the game will take me around 10-15 minutes.

Then I saw the game UI and then after clicking saw the instructions

Arrow keys for controlling the character
key Z for quick attack
X for heavy attack
C for super attack using the full super meter
Space bar for changing weapons

I'm very impressed on the graphics of the game, I'm expecting a little kid friendly colors,but this one can attract gamers who love God of War and other similar MMORPG style games. Everytime you defeat all those monsters your skill levels up and you will learn some new moves, then after leveling up, you will advance on the game's level and noticed that the monsters are leveling up too. You need to master the key moves in order to get a good combo, because the monsters are coming so fast and too many of them are attacking you at the same time. The main villain shows up on the 3rd level and you need to run and attack him before he uses the trees to attack you. I think this is like a time attack game, you need to score high and advance on the next level as fast as you can so that you can reach the boss and score more.

For the Nanite Master

same arrow keys function
but this time, the space bar is your key for attack
object of the game is to keep Biowulf busy in a battle with you while rescuers on a mission to save Providence.

I played the game and ready to fight the Biowulf, I approached him and pressed the space bar, then nothin happens, it says that "i dont have a weapon", I think the instructions before told me to press the space bar, bu then I fgure out that I need to grab that weapon floating and glowing on the ground. I think they need to add that too in the instruction before the game. I grabbed the weapon and then I started to attack Biowulf, It's like a Street fighter game or a Final Fight boss fight game, I move around and then I got beaten up by Biowulf. Its a 2D game and the animation is sharp and perfect for this generation. Problem is that I need to click the game selector again to load it again..since there are no "PLAY AGAIN?" button after GAme over.

After clicking..then I re-read the mechanics of the game, theres a small txt below and says that I should touch an icon to build that weapon from Rex's body...ohhh kay...I forgot to read that on the first place..so after that I moved on my revenge against Biowulf.

I won on the 1st round, and then on the 2nd round, I noticed that the surroundings of the game changes and they added a little obstacle, it took me some seconds to find a way to grab that weapon and I noticed that if you get in contact with Biowulf, you will loose a health bar and get defeated easily, after grabbing the weapon and that floating health icon, I charged and defeated him again.

On round 3, omg!!! the Biowulf levels up and he has weapons! I saw also that Rex's 2 weapons are visible and you can choose which weapon you can use to fight, and after that you can choose and use the other one or go back to another weapon. During the game, I dont even care about the weapons but I need more health bar hahahaha. Biowulf becomes more difficult to defeat. I love this game and it gives challenge to the players, you need to think and study the enemy's move before defeating them just like Rex in the cartoon series. Btw, my fave weapon here is the Boogie Pack!

here's my score card!

Cartoon Network Philippines - free online games & videos_1299704406912
I give this game a 5 star rating!!!
kids, teens will love this game and even me as an adult love it too.
Looks like i'll be surfing around the game portal of Cartoon Network's site hhhehee