The Bread and Sandwich chronicle part 1

IMG_1611
This is my new series in my blog, the original title was supposed to be – “the sandwich chronicle”, but then I realized that all my food photos posted in this section are not purely sandwich, but most of it are toasted breads and other bread concepts with weird spread. I decided to convert the title to “ the bread and sandwich chronicle”, just to make the bread be included in this blog post series.

I love eating bread, its my love food every morning and during afternoon, its my comfort food and added with a hot coffee or tea makes it a great combination. The bread can be made from any kind of bread, I’m not choosy when it comes to bread but I’m very choosy when it comes to spread for the bread. I love Star Margarine, Dairy Crème butters and Lady’s Choice sandwich spread, sometimes I love Reno and Lily’s peanut butter, but it’s a seasonal favorite and I’m not eating it everyday. My bread companion is always the Lady’s Choice sandwich spread and Star Margarine.

From June to September 2012, I took photos of different kind of sandwich and bread meals that I consumed from those months. There are also unrecorded sandwiches that I forgot to take pic and sometimes my tummy comes first and never bother taking photos for my blog or Instagram. But I’m sure if you are a follower of my Instagram and Twitter network, you’ll see lots of photos of my sandwiches and bread in your PC or smartphones.

I love eating sandwiches!! and if ever I hear or watch the music video of Yo Gabba Gabba’s “I love eating sandwiches” there are instances that I want to travel out of town and head to the nearest mall that houses the yummy Oliver Sandwiches or Subway. I think I need to check out some sandwich hubs in the metro and check out which are the best and which are the flop. I’m thinking also if ever I need to dare myself try – The Sandwich Guy, I’m scared to eat there, after the scandal in the past, I still bow not to try it, but the scandal is dying already and I think I need to give it a shot and a 2nd chance, because the rumor spreading online is not proven and I don’t know if the TSG sued the customer who spread an email letter to tell everyone about the unhygienic state of TSG, but I’ll give them a chance soon and maybe try it.

Also I love the egg sandwich of Oliver’s Sandwich, I can it eat it forever!, so when I’m in a mall or a place that offers Oliver’s Sandwich, expect me to drop by and order a take out meal. I don’t know what’s the magic of these sandwiches,they are the best for me, and its like living in the heavens and I don’t want to go back.

When my wife ordered me to boil eggs and make an egg sandwich, I always leave my work and head to the kitchen, because egg sandwich is one of my weakness, and also don’t forget the yummy Star Margarine with sugar on top of your bread is always a winner, If you grew up in the 80’s and you are a Filipino, you’ll understand this kind of trend that we followed since childhood and til we grew lots of white hair, we still love it and misses the taste. I started doing that again for the mid year of 2012, and I’m the only person adding sugar on top of my Star Margarine here at home. I tried the Vanilla flavored Star Margarine and it tastes so bad, they should avoid adding flavors, they should remain original…just like Reno in a can, that never change its logo and packaging and I think it exists even way before former President Ferdinand Marcos learned how to rule the Philippines.

Sandwiches are here to stay and I love them… and I’m lucky because my wife makes yummy sandwiches every afternoon.
IMG_0178
Cheesy melt sandwich of Starbucks


IMG_0166
ohh yummy wraps and sandwiches in Starbucks

IMG_0170
me and wife enjoyed eating while chatiing.. its our only time to chat during break time.

IMG_0256
Home made sandwich by my wife, she always get mad at me whenever I don’t use the lettuce and cabbage that she bought

IMG_0324
ohhh baby… my meal every morning here at home
Best with Gardenia bread

IMG_0403
For the 1st time in my life, I saw myself cutting a loaf of bread, we bought this during the Habagat rain and flooding, all stores and malls are flooded and closed and the only open establishments are the nearby bakery, it’s a luck for us to bought this uncut load of bread from the bakery. Everyone from the village are panic buying and we must buy this immediately

IMG_0822
my toasted bread with sugar and Star Margarine in the afternoon…

IMG_0857
I think this is a spam and egg sandwich from Starbucks

IMG_0860
Egg sandwich prepared by my wife


IMG_0973
Tuna sandwich at home


IMG_1598
Egg sandwich that was served at Medicard clinic


IMG_2114
a closer look of my toasted bread with sugar and Star Margarine.


IMG_2696
Bread and humus dip.
Suddenly, my wife got addicted to that humus and she bought a bottle of humus and she created a dip for our bread.

Thanks for reading my bread and sandwich chronicle, see you after 3 months!