13th Philippine Toycon 2014 production note 1

IMG_5645
Hello!!!! this is my first production note for our 13th Philippine Toycon event, you’ll see some updates and also behind the scenes in organizing the biggest pop culture and toy event in the Philippines.

I was absent for two months already and I missed 3 or 4 meetings already, but few weeks ago, I successfully joined the crew for a meeting. I received lots of plans for the event this June 20-22, 2014. I updated the marketing plans and social media pages of PH ToyCon and I posted already the call for exhibitors.

There are a lot of concerns lately but I’m glad that all members of core group are complete and professional inputs were delivered and then our problems were solved immediately. I’m also excited for our upcoming event launch that will happen in the next 2 months. Last year we held our event launch and press conference in Resorts World Manila, I learned from our meeting that the event launch of ToyCon attracted a lot of visitors in the mall and it was the busiest and largest foot traffic of shoppers and mall goers. Our event launch attracted not only the fans and hobbyist but also the mainstream TV media.

For this year, we will double up the excitement and also the output, sometimes I’m more excited for the event launch and not the main Toycon event hahahaha. I’m reading lots of emails and also proposals coming from different industries, all of them wants to join in our event, but we need to make a study and see if they are fit to our event. From band performers to booth exhibitors to celebrity guest, yes. all of it are pouring in to our inbox, but as of now, we’re still fixing the layout and plans with our sponsors, and after that, we can now proceed for the production.

IMG_5643
We almost met the official licensee of a big toy brand and movie in our last meeting. I’m so excited that they will join in our event and I already sent some request like if they can invite Hollywood celebs to our event and also display the best prop used in the movie. I’m sure everyone knows what movie that I’m talking about, but if you visit our website, you can see that we are highlighting two movies for June 2014.

At first I thought that Godzilla will land in June, but I learned that the movie will be released on May 2014, so I guess Godzilla is out already.

We’re doing lots of homework for the big production, so expect more news from me here in my main blog.

For sponsors and exhibitors who want to be part of our event, just visit our website at www.toyconph.com for more info