San Pablo Cathedral Church in San Pablo City, Laguna - Southern food trip part 2


P4081108
April 8, 2014 - San Pablo Cathedral Church is our 1st stop before we start our food trip here in San Pablo City, Laguna, my travel mates are excited to know the other food hubs in this town, I even started a survey in my Facebook and I thank my friends for sharing some tips on where to eat and dine here in San Pablo City, Laguna.

I’ve been to San Pablo City, Laguna for many times in the past, thanks to my friendly comic book artist Gerry Alanguilan for introducing to us their online via blogs. I went here for a regular monthly Komikero meeting by the Sampalok Lake, and I also attended here the 1st Komikero Komiks Art Festival. I attempted to visit the town again by covering the annual Coconut Festival, I always fail to come back here again due to my work here in Manila, I also plan to do a side trip also whenever I visit my home town province in Sampaloc, Quezon and Tayabas, Quezon.

For our southern food trip, I learned that we will go here, kaya naging excited na ko sobra kasi I know some good spots here in San Pablo City, Laguna.
But our time is very limited and we didn’t got a chance to visit our resto and local attractions. But I promised myself that I’ll go back here with the year (or maybe after my town’s fiesta in April 25)

About the cathedral, this was established by the Augustinian friars back in 1586, then they rebuild it again in 1629 and a new structure again was built in the year 1714. Our visit here is a bit short, I didn’t got a time to check the church’s history and climb up to the church’s belfry, but it was a nice visit after all.

P4081109
Jesus statue stands infront of the cathedral


P4081110
Kids selling candles to a church goer

P4081111


P4081112

P4081113
Let’s enter the cathedral

P4081115
Inside the cathedral.
I think the interiors are very modern and newly built. I believe that there maybe artworks on the ceiling before it was renovated. But I’m not sure because we don’t have any photographs that dated from the 1700s.

P4081116

P4081117

P4081119
San Pablo statue.

P4081120

P4081121

P4081122
The altar


P4081123
The dome of the cathedral

P4081124

P4081125
Outside the cathedral


P4081126
the belfry

P4081127
I noticed that the windows with glass etching art of Catholic blessed sacraments.

Kumpisal – confession

P4081128
Kumpil – confirmation

P4081129
Eukaristiya – Eucharistic

P4081130
Binyag – baptism

I know that we have 7 blessed sacraments, but I only spotted these 4 on the glass etch window of the Cathedral, others missing – Reconciliation, Matrimony, Holy Orders and Anointing of the sick


P4081131
Arpee and his niece Nessa at the candle offering

P4081133
Here we spotted some local vendors selling some fruits and rice cakes.

P4081134
I saw this tiny green mangoes being sold by the vendor. They say that the tiny mangoes are already ripe and it’s a good ingredients for your sweet or sour food. Ms. Nancy bought some.

P4081136
it’s a start of our southern food tour.. more posting in the next couple of hours

Thanks to Nancy Reyes-Lumen, a food journalist, cook and tv host of the food tv show “Pinoy foodie” aka the adobo queen, now a blogger at www.pinoyfoodies.com , for the food trip adventure and try their family’s awesome restaurant.

Eat your favorite pinoy food at The Aristocrat Restaurant
The Aristocrat Restaurant
website: http://www.aristocrat.com.ph/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheOriginalAristocrat
Instagram: http://instagram.com/the_aristocrat_ph
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AristocratPH