An awesome breakfast buffet experience at Restaurant 5 in Discovery Suites hotel in Ortigas Center, Pasig City

DSC_0702

I can declare that Restaurant 5 in Discovery Suites hotel is a bacon haven, because I think they are the only restaurant for hotels that offers two kinds of bacons, one is crispy and crunchy and the other bacon is the soft version. I really love to see bacons in every breakfast buffet of a hotel’s restaurant, and I ‘m not disappointed when I dined here at Restaurant 5 to eat my breakfast last June 2015. Btw, I booked a staycation in Discovery Suite during my Toycon event, because I really need a home for two days that is near to my event’s venue. I’m glad that there are lots of hotels in Ortigas and my heart goes here in Discovery Suites.. Why ?? because I already stayed here for three days during 2010 when me and my sister watched Incubus concert in Araneta Coliseum, and the fun part is that the hotel offered a limousine car service to drive us there and also pick us up after the concert. I think the service is the same too when people want to go to the mall or to the airport.

Anyway, back tracking my past here in Discovery Suites, I’ve been visiting this restaurant many times when my friend who stayed in Japan for years, comes to Manila for a visit, its great to know that they revamped everything and there’s a fresh look for the hotel and the restaurant after 5 years.

DSC_0705

Restaurant 5 is located at the 5th floor of Discovery Suites, it’s the only restaurant that serves the hotel guest for breakfast.

DSC_0627

Here’s my view as I enter the restaurant, as expected every weekend, lots of staycationers, tourist, and business travelers are here for their breakfast.

For my case, I consider myself as a business traveler, because I have work at that day and I will come back here to eat and also sleep.

DSC_0717

They are open for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea time only. If you want to eat your dinner at Discovery Suites, then just proceed to 22 Prime, located at the same building.


PRICEI will post soon here the price of their breakfast buffet and also lunch buffet.


DRESS CODEDSC_0718

You know that this is the only resto that reminded me that I should always wear proper attire, back in 2010, I also encountered the same sign. Good job for posting this and it’s a good sign to notify everyone that we should observe proper clothing when dining in Restaurant 5, take note that Discovery Suites is a business hotel and not a beach resort hotel.


WHERE TO DINE IN
DSC_0688

Restaurant 5 offers these tables and chairs to you, its up to you if are in a group or with your family. You can dine in a 4 seater table set or a long table that can fit your entire family.


DSC_0629

For solo flight like me, I like to dine here by the window. It’s the most relaxing part of Restaurant 5 because I can see the entire Ortigas while biting some bacons ahhaahh.


THE BUFFET AREA
DSC_0645

Here I spotted the 7 covered buffet food pan. The excitement starts when I open them one by one and see what’s the food of the day.

DSC_0680

Restaurant 5’s staff and cooks are very friendly and always attend your needs. I like to thank them for accommodating me well when I visit the resto. And every resto of a hotel, I always take a photo of the people who cooks my sunny side up eggs. And here they are…

DSC_0653 DSC_0654

DSC_0675 DSC_0677

Everything in Restaurant 5 is an eye candy and classy, I took these photos for an Instagram post and I like the touch of natural light and colorful pieces around the resto.


THE FOOD
And here are the food!!

DSC_0646

Crispy bacons

DSC_0649

Soft bacons


DSC_0647

Sausages

DSC_0648

Chicken sausage

DSC_0650

Pita bread and humus


DSC_0639

Veggies


DSC_0640

more veggies…

DSC_0641

Cheesy baked mac

DSC_0642

Fried danggit fish

DSC_0643

Tocino

DSC_0644

Im not sure if this is Bicol express or a part for your sisig.


DSC_0652

Hot Sinigang soup

DSC_0655

Pizza station


DSC_0656

Samosa

DSC_0657

Hashbrown

DSC_0658

Boiled eggs

DSC_0662

Smoked Salmon


DSC_0664

Pancakes

DSC_0667

Strawberries for your pancakes

DSC_0669

Pandesal

DSC_0670

Ensaymada

DSC_0671

Croissant

DSC_0672

Taisan bread

DSC_0674

Spreads for your sandwiches

DSC_0676

Different kinds of corn flakes and cereals

DSC_0684

Smoothies in a shot glass


DSC_0685

Fruits for your salad

DSC_0686

Yogurts.


MY BREAKFAST
DSC_0689

Here’s my breakfast experience at Restaurant 5. The staff accompanied me as I enter the restaurant, I told them that I’ll be checking in at 10am, actually I didn’t went home the other day and I spent the night in a cheapo hotel in Mandaluyong hahaha. After checking out, I went here too early at around 8am, but the hotel front desk told me that I can already eat my breakfast before I checked out.

You have to send a special request for a breakfast if you are checking in at an early time. This is will be charged to you and not covered by the free breakfast buffet that is offered the next day.


DSC_0694

While I was eating my breakfast, the hotel staff at the front desk went to Restaurant 5 and she found me by the window, she told me that my room is ready at 9am and I can go straight there after my breakfast, she hand over my key card and I filled up some forms for my early check in.

It was very convenient for me and I no longer need to go down just to pick up my luggage and also do my check in there.

The hotel staff also handed me this Press Reader flyer, I used this to read local newspapers and international broadsheet in digital format, and this is only offered here in Discovery Suites.


DSC_0632

My hot coffee

DSC_0633

I no longer drink coffee, but for this occasion, I should drink a hot coffee and enjoy my stay here in Discovery Suites. I also love to stare the peaceful roads of Ortigas at around 8am. Its like I’m not in Metro Manila anymore ahahahah.

DSC_0635

I always do cute food and play with it before I eat it. Its for an Instagram post with hashtag #cutefoods, my son always surf around for cute foods in Instagram and he loves how I design my breakfast when I’m in distance away from them.

Para lang di ako ma miss hahaha.

DSC_0638

Here’s my Facebook post….. I shared to everyone that it’s a bacon haven here in Restaurant 5


DSC_0698

I almost missed their super asim na Sinigang soup……I got some after I ran out of coffee.


DSC_0634

Yes…I am a Happy man… I’m fully energized and ready to go to work at around 12nn in Toycon.


ATTRACTIONS
DSC_0707

When I was having some regular visits at 22 Prime restaurant in Discovery Suites, Its funny that I thought the hand prints of celebrities and international artist was gone.

Then I remembered that these are displayed at the 5th floor near the elevator. You’ll spot this when you arrived in Restaurant 5 elevator lobby.

Discovery Suites collected some hand prints of their international and local celebrity hotel guest, and they are on display at the wall.

DSC_0708

Russell Watson
--- I just can’t believe that he was here before!
Russell sand the popular theme song of Star Trek: Enterprise tv series, titled “Faith of the heart”


DSC_0710

Robin Padilla

DSC_0711

Manny Pacquiao

DSC_0712

Nonito Donaire Jr.

DSC_0713

Kevyn Lettau

DSC_0714

Jarule

DSC_0715

Behind me is Migs Ayesa’s hand print


P_20150621_132459_BF

My view before I go to work…. behind me is Discovery Suites (located infront of Podium Mall )



BREAKFAST DAY 2
IMG_0356

For my 2nd breakfast… this is Monday. I’m surprised that the guests are gone hahahah.
Normally, business travelers arrive before lunch time and then this resto will be full again after some minutes.
IMG_0349

Entrance to Restaurant 5


IMG_0357

Hello again buffet!

DSC_0630

My 1st plate of breakfast


DSC_0631

as usual…its bacon mania!







IMG_0360







I sat again on the same spot when I ate my breakfast the other day hahahah. I super love this spot now!



Restaurant 5
located at the 5th floor of Discovery Suites
address: 25 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, 1605, Metro Manila, Philippines

For table reservations and inquiries, call +63 2 719.6805 / 719.8888 or email fbds@discovery.com.ph






website: http://www.discoverysuites.com

Operating Hours:
6:30 AM to 10:30 AM Breakfast Monday to Sunday
12:00 NN to 2:30 PM Lunch, Monday to Sunday