Time to feed the blog




BLOG FEED
My last blog post was 2 weeks ago, I was so busy with these travel projects and also events, my time at home is limited because I’m working with the Toycon team in organizing the event and helping them with the program and digital promotions. I was planning to stop blogging for this month of May, but I need to continue my personal project so that I can earn a little cash.  It was different from my previous years that I can sit down and relax and wait till I get the next paycheck but then this year is different, My blogging activities slow down for awhile, because Im not prepared and organized whenever Im at home.

Lots of things I need to attend –personal life, family, pet cats, travel to our province, fix our event, and I can’t stand with the summer heat because I always drop dead at around 1pm because its too hot and I get sick because of the heat. To beat the heat,  I visit Starbucks everyday just to finish some work load for our event and also manage some content for my blog, but expenses are growing everyday and I should work more so that I can move freely, but income generation for my year is so slow and maybe its time to cut expenses and also be smart in using my money.  Grabe...going back again to project trabaho, ipon, travel enjoy.

BLOGGING STRAT
Last month, we learned about the status of Flickr. Im not confident when SnugMug bought Flickr, but I know that our photo contents are in good hands, but till when it will be safe? I tried experimenting by trying some photo hosting services, but the best and good for hosting your photos is to use the Blogger or Blogspot’s photo uploader OR use Google Photos. 

Uploading it on Blogspot is so easy but it requires me a lot of time to manage and resize the photos, they no longer have those OLD options that you can click and check your prefered size of photos to be posted on the blog. For Google Photos, it’s faster but there’s no embed option for the blog post, so I tried the “copy image” right click option and just “paste” the photo as it is in my blog post. It look so great on the blog, it is bigger and much more clearer. I work so fast using Google Photos, I used it for awhile but Im not confident that the “hot linking” of photos on my blog will last long, because if ever Google Photos changed its UI or album setting, all direct hot linking photos will not work --- I noticed this before from the old Googl e Photos and Facebook photos.  Hot linking will not work after 3-5 years.

So what will be my plan??? ---  go back to Flickr. Get a PRO account and pray.  Btw, Im blogging this using MS WORD, I will just copy and paste the article, its much easier than using the blog composer at Blogspot.

VLOGGING
MY Youtube channel status is healthy, I expect that at the end of May 2018, I will hit 2,000 subscribers, its a milestone for my vlogging career and Im happy that I will hit the 2K mark after a year of serious vlogging. I’ve been vlogging since Youtube opened in 2006, but I wasn’t serious and I just upload all videos that I have on my camera, I use Youtube as my video hosting for my blog and not as a channel. I changed my video upload activity when I decided to be a serious vlogger or video blogger in 2016, I took small steps and learned how to create a better video content --- I just applied what I’ve learned in blogging and Im happy with the result, and now my Youtube channel is just like my blog with a nice curated content for travel, lifestyle, food and tech.

SO WHAT’S NEXT?
Since everything is so slow, I guess its time to go back to start and have a fresh start. I will look for the weakest part in me and my blog and find a solution to a problem and also see what went wrong. Every year, I always take a 2 months break after doing Toycon, but then for this year,  no more vacation and break because my blog need to be fed with good content. 
I will be needing your help now so that I can continue blogging, just message me or email me if you have ideas. Let’s collab!

Thank you for reading my post and see you at the next blog adventure!