Chibo Okonomiyaki 13 new dishes now available at The Podium and S Maison branch



Chibo Okonomiyaki, one of my fave Japanese resto because of their Okonomiyaki food, they are launching now a series of dishes that are now available in their two branches here in Manila. We know that Chibo Okonomiyaki is popular resto brand in Japan, and instead of sticking to the same menu like they have in Japan, here for the Philippines branch, they want to offer more food that has more flavor that targets the Filipino taste palette.

Chibo Okonomiyaki has two branches here in Manila, there’s one in S Maison by Conrad in Pasay City and the 2nd branch is at The Podium Mall in Mandaluyong City.

Im not sure if they have plans in opening a branch up there in the North, but I heard they have plans -- maybe its at SM City North Edsa, or maybe one more branch at the South which is in SM Aura.



Group hug photo with my fellow foodies. I arrived late that day and I just missed some of the new dishes, but I was in time for the best part of the food tasting. So I grabbed Ms Xchosa’s photo from her Facebook to showcase here some of the 3 food that I missed.

I have tasted the 1st tree dishes, and its good



Spicy Yakisoba
PHP 288

- I didnt noticed that this is a spicy yakisoba, all I know is that yakisoba has a strong salty aromatic taste and I like it that way, but adding a spicy chili flavor is a bonus, yeah its good and this is a good partner for an iced cold Japanese beer.



Grilled Asparagus and Spinach with Cheese
PHP 168

-  I didn’t get to taste this




Coriander Chicken Salad
PHP 288

- Im not a salad fan, but my tummy is already full so I skipped this. But Karen MNL blogger said that this salad taste so good.



Grilled Garlic Prawns
PHP 588

-  I ate this using my bare hands, its hard to remove the prawn meat from the fried shell. But it is tasty and flavorful. I dont know why it is so expensive.




Grilled Garlic Chicken
PHP 238

Grilled Gizzard Teppanyaki
PHP 238

-no pic available



Chicken Wings
PHP 188





Grilled Octopus
PHP 388

- I super love the taste of their grilled octopus. The flavor is very explosive, you know that Japanese flavor? Yeah they have it here in their octopus. -- salty and sweet.



Pork and Kimchi Teppanyaki
PHP 238

-It is a very spicy meal, I think these new dishes is designed as “pulutan” since the resto set up of Chibo Okonomiyaki here at  The Podium mall is fit for after office hour diners, just like the beer hang out of Japanese salary men.



Sausage Teppanyaki
PHP 238

-The taste of their sausage is weird, but its good also, feels like I tasted a hamburger patty on sausage type



Pork and Kimchi Omelette
PHP 188

-Kimchi lovers will love this kind of dishes at Chibo Okonomiyaki. Take note that the kimchi is very spicy


Pork and Cheese Omelette
PHP 188

-the cheese flavor was overpowered by the egg, but thats okay.




Rice flour dumpling with Azuki bean sauce
PHP 150

-I thought at first it was an ice cream, but this Japanese dessert at Chibo Okonomiyaki is a must try!!!!!  Served chilled, and the rice flour dumpling is like a mochi. I super enjoyed eating this to end my food trip here at Chibo Okonomiyaki



Thanks Chibo Okonomiyaki! Im going to visit you again soon!


**** Thanks to Ms Xchosa for additional photos and Marjorie Liwag for the food pricing info