Captain Marvel movie - review, Globe screening, signature poster, shirts and merch!


Fresh from the Captain Marvel movie screening here in the Philippines, thanks to Globe Telecom for sponsoring a block screening and also giving us some Captain Marvel exclusive merchandise, Im starting to go geek mode after taking home a movie poster with autograph of Captain Marvel movie cast - Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Jude Law and movie directors Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden.

Captain Marvel is the first ever female superhero movie that is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and also a prelude of everything from the MCU and has a big role for the upcoming Avengers: Endgame, a culmination event of the 10 years of MCU -- for a ending and also start of MCU next chapter.



Here’s my Captain Marvel movie review: (non spoiler)

I was expecting for a much geek tickle -- just like the time when we experience the first time we saw Iron Man 1, Avengers, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and Avengers: Infinity War. I dont know why there’s no marvelous magic, it was like that Captain Marvel is a filler of a story that will showcase the character’s role after the wrath of Thanos’ Infinity Gauntlet snap. That’s my feeling and reaction, but there are some wow moments in the movie, just tidbits, in some mid part and near the end part where we can see how Captain Marvel is the strongest and powerful Marvel character ever.

But I like the way they stitch the story, the movie is more on an origin story, its easy to understand on how they presented the story of Carol Danvers that later will become Captain Marvel, you get to focus on those flashbacks and put on the head of Captain Marvel aka Veers.
For comic fans, I know that they will be a much observant than other Marvel movie fans, because in comics, we know how it all started, In this movie, we wait for something...and that willl give us ah “ohh ahhh” moment.. And then.. “ahh okay” comment

Captain Marvel movie starts to open a much bigger universe, for the 1st time ever we see Skrulls on the picture and they are the most interesting character ever here in the movie, we saw Krees, Nova corps, and space mercenaries in other MCU movies, but its great to see Skrulls as the focus villain in the movie. I was expecting to see some reference that might lead to a Fantastic Four or Galactus or Silver Surfer, but I guess the MCU is not yet ready to introduce them, but the Skrulls deserve to have its own movie soon, the MCU showcased them here at the Captain Marvel movie that is different and far from the comic book version -- you’ll understand when you watch it.

At least a mild tickle was felt, but I still not happy what I saw...but the most interesting part here in the movie is the mid part and the end part, all answers are there and don’t dare blink or go to a CR break, because Captain Marvel’s role in the MCU is important as it leads to a new 2nd chapter.

Take note that there are 2 end credit scenes, both are important, I suggest you stay in your seat and wait till the screen go black.  

For a moving rating Captain Marvel, I’m going to give it a 6/10 movie rating.




Here are some photos during the contest --- I was standing infront and then the emcee approached me to join the Trivia contest, I just won a consolation prize, but then when she said that whoever approaches her the first on stage and showed that they are subscribed to GoSakto promo 90 will a prize.

So I was there infront again, and I am a subscriber of that promo, I went to her and showed to her a sms notification saved on to my phone and then….I won a prize.



I was shocked to discover that the prize is a Captain Marvel movie poster with autographed by the movie cast….ohh shocking!  

Thanks to Jonel and Marjorie Uy for capturing my winning moments.

Nung una sabi ko sa kasama ko si Gab, uy may trivia contest, alam mo ba nung may Thor Ragnarok event, may trivia contest tapos ako lagi nanalo, pinakyaw ko yung mga Funko Pop hahaha. Tapos ayun I didn’t expected that I will be called on stage to join-- but I didn’t won pero sa ibang contest ako nanalo.

Awesome!!! Thank you Globe!



Captain Marvel Swag!!!!
A Captain Marvel shirt --- wow! Ganda ng packaging




And here’s my first MCU movie collectible -- Captain Marvel movie poster with  autograph



Samuel L Jackson autograph



Brie Larson autograph



Jude Law autograph



And autograph by the movie directors - Ryan Fleck and Ana Boden




Globe selling online some exclusive Captain Marvel merchandise, just head over to their Facebook Shop or Online shop to score these awesome Captain Marvel shirts and jacket

Above is a wind breaker jacket



Army jacket with Captain Marvel logo



And a nice line up of shirts, bag and cap -- all are Captain Marvel exclusive merch from Globe.

Go visit:
https://www.facebook.com/globeph/shop/
And
https://shop.globe.com.ph/apparel?filter=1085