Why Mealtime Conversation is important


I have captured on video our mealtime conversation with my son Ashton, I have this habit at home that I document family moments on video and I always do is by placing a hidden camera or place a camera somewhere at home to film or record those rare moments of my son. Im doing this ever since he was an infant and as a toddler, and It reminded that the last raw video recording that I did was when he was in 4 years old. 

Our mealtime conversation started before our dinner, we were talking in the kitchen as I prepare the food we eat.  Mommy Lace was not with us that time because she still have that important meeting online with her boss. But while mommy is having a meeting, me and my son Ash decided to eat our dinner and have a funny mealtime talk!

Sometimes we talk about video games  and sometimes the things that I do when I was a kid. Then he told why I don't like pineapples, and I told him that I have this allergic reaction, my throat becomes itchy when I eat a fresh pineapple fruit, then he said that he felt the same too and I'm surprised that he got the same allergic reaction from a fresh pineapple fruit. He said that pineapples from a can, or those pineapples in pizza or salad are okay, and I told him I felt okay too when I eat those but I still don't enjoy the taste of pineapples.

There  I told him that "mana ka pala sa akin", he inherited my tastes, likes and dislikes and he didn't agree.

Then I recorded on video our mealtime conversation -- we're doing a battle of what I love and hate for food and he will confirm it if its the same as his.


Watch our mealtime conversation here:


So the result is....
OMG!! we are so much alike. I just learned for the first time that some of the food I like to eat is also the same food that he likes to eat too!

My fave food like pasta, pizza, bulalo, Crispy Fry chickens and sinigang is also my son's fave food!


Also the same for bananas and apple

Wow! Im glad that I captured this moment on video. Take note that it is not scripted

Then I saw Ginger's vlog about her mealtime confessions with her daughter, and the scenario is the same as me and son Ash did on my family video.

Ginger learned more about what her daugher love and all those memories of their family adventure. Its great to learn more about our kids and during their big kid or teens stage, we get to learn more about them, because their personality changes as they grow up and we should be aware how they are feeling on some things, about food, the place to visit and things to do with the family. 


Watch Ginger and her daughter's mealtime conversation here


That's why mealtime conversation with the entire family is very important, especially the fun and positive talk to each other, because during these mealtime conversation, our appetite increases and we get to enjoy more on our food and drinks on the table.

A talk during mealtime with the family increases the bonding and we get to be much more closer than ever,  because we forget who we are, who they are, when we are busy at work and our kids being busy in school. There are times that we forget to catch up, and the only good place to get to know well again is to have a nice conversation during meal time.