Az visit in town

I just feel good when I go out and I like to travel in some place that is unfamiliar, so my journey yesterday was fun. I hated when I don't have a battery for my digital camera, now I taken a note to myself that I'll reload my camera everytime I go out. I just missed all those adventures and meeting new people.

Az back in UP Diliman
I went to UP Diliman yesterday afternoon to meet Cheska of the UP Anime and Manga Enthusiats to pick up the Star Wars artworks that was used last December at their event, She told me to meet her and pick it up in their home based located at the back of Faculty Center.

But then she told me that she has classes so I better proceed to their venue and they already expecting me to arrive. As I arrive to UP Diliman, I felt this very weird feeling. It's like going back to the past. te hehehheehe...I mean. I got lots of memories back there, from any places in UP Diliman, that's why I loved going there.

Arriving to their based I was greeted by a word "AZRAEL!!!", some guy and a girl shouted my name, to catch my attention and for the surprise of my visit. then I landed to the UP Tomo-Kai homebase tambayan, a Filipino-Japanese friendshio org. They greeted me and invited to have a quick chit chat in their tambayan. To make the chit chats take long, I told them to wait for me as I will go to the UP AME tambayan to pick up the Artworks.

after that our time runs in a 1 hour non stop chit chats and stories and gossip...ALL ABOUT ME! ...darn aahahha

I just learn some stuff from them, from what they heard on this person who rants and give bad criticism on what I do. After hearing that. We all laugh until we ran out of air. I just enjoyed being with these people again. and my visit and stay was last year 2002, I just observed that everything changed, except for the attitude of the people. I'm glad that there are still some people who are respecting me.

Az visit in Druids Keep
after the UP visit, my friend Mico txted me and wants me to go with him to Druids Keep, a new opened hobby shop in Magallanes and it seems that i heard it and it is very popular now.

I rode the MRT and went to Taft station to meet Mico. It was a long way walk after going down from a jeepney in the corner of EDSA and Magallanes. There's this shopping arcade that has a Starbucks and Pancake house. I forgot the name of the Store arcade but if you go there you can find it. The Druids Keep is located at the 3rd floor, the place is very unaccessible to all of us living in Manila but you will never be disappointed when you go there.

After arriving Mico introduces me to the store owner, his name is Felix Cua, also a hobbyist and collector. We chatted and talk about his start on business and also about the comics pop culture. Its nice to stay there, lots of stuff to browse to see and the hospitality is cool.
I can read Wizard and Previews ahaahha!!!

It was a long talk and we notice that we have to leave early coz Mico got troubled on going back coz outside under the Magallanes fly over is no longer safe to stay to get a jeep ride going back to Taft.


Daredevil art by Jason Paz

Also at the shop I met Jason Paz also a comic artist, I showed them all the Star Wars artworks I picked up from UP, and Jason laughed when he saw his artwork last year 2003, and then he told it that it sucks and promised me to make another 2005 Star Wars artwork. I told them that the artworks will be posted in an exhibit on May 23 -24 sci fi convention in Glorietta.

It was tough day! but its a great adventure for me!
ahhahah!!

Related website
Jason Paz Deviant ART
UP AME

Post a Comment

0 Comments