blog coverage: 14th Toycon Philippines 2015 – day 1

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

June 19, 2015 – It’s the day that we are waiting for, we officially opened the doors to our 14th Toycon Philippines 2015 on a Friday and everyone are so excited about our opening day. For our first day, we only opened the two halls of Megatrade Halls for the public. At hall 1, people can now shop with our 150 plus exhibitors and also will get a chance to take home some freebies by visiting our sponsors booth. I heard that IFLIX is giving away a loot bag plus a demo subscription to IFLIX.

I was expecting to be there on time, like around 10am, but my laptop needs to back up before I bring it to the tech booth at our event and use it to play some movie trailers and use it for audio and visual at the stage area. I didn’t expected that the back up of files will take hours….so I stayed and waited for its completion.

I’m glad that I have two laptops that day, so I used my 2nd laptop to do some online promotions of the event and also got a time to answer all inquiries that arrives nonstop in our email inbox.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Behind the scenes --- I was so stressed and excited at the same time. I’m glad that our pet dog Woopee is here to comfort me hhahaa.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1


Its Friday and the most hectic day to travel to Manila. Here I rode the MRT going to SM Megamall. The weird events inside the MRT is that…the train always experienced power failure in every train station. I don’t know what’s happening but everyone inside the train are nervous.

I just prayed and wish that the train will reach my destination before it stay dead. I’m not so ready to walk in the middle of the train tracks…not during our event.

Well, I’m glad that I reached the venue with no hassle.


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Inside Toycon Philippines! wohohoh… I’m now here at my tech booth area.
Ready to drive this boat…to geek happiness.


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

I got the time to roam around that is near in our tech booth.
Here’s the set up of our statue gallery and life size statue made by local sculptors.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1 Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1 Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Life size statues from Halimaw Sculptures, Joseph Mahusay and Jun Asilo.


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Spotted also…life size statue of The Hulk

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

And…. Hulk Buster Iron Man

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

ha! I super love our set up for this year. Also there’s more life size statues at the Maxi Collector booth, they have a life size Ultron, Iron Man, Captain America, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett and Han Solo in Carbonite.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1
Behind our tech booth is this large set up of Ant-Man. People can take photo with the set up and Ant-Man-size themselves with the large PHP 5 coin hahhaa. Awesome!

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Here I visited the set up of Halimaw Sculptures.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Darna, Captain Barbell and Superman vs. Batman (I think it’s a scene from Batman Hush)

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1 Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Future Hulk aka Maestro and World War Hulk

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1 Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

A battle statue featuring World War Hulk vs. Juggernaut.



Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

My college classmate and buddy Mike surprised me when he visits Toycon
thanks pare!!


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Members of Pinoy Lego User Group dropped by in our tech booth to hand over to me this awesome card. Thanks guys! I gave this to my son and I told him that he is now a member of Pinoy LUG.
Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Stage area.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Midnight Channels, a two man band that performs electronica music and theme songs from games.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Tony Tuason of Flipgeeks is doing a World of DC Comics trivia on stage.


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Ohh spotted some love and hug there.


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

We also witnessed the induction of new officers of the Coca Cola Collectors Club Philippines. Inducted by Adel Tamano, the Vice-President Public Affairs and Communications of Coca Cola Philippines.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

After the induction of officers, the collector club gave a plaque of appreciation to us at Toycon Philippines. Thank you for the support.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Oishi giveway time… answer the trivia or join the bring me to win some prizes from Oishi wow!


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Ant-Man movie also launches a contest via hashtag. Take a selfie at the Atn-Man sign and upload it with hashtag #AntmanME. I joined just for sample purposes only hahaha.


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Big surprise to see DJ Janice Dizon here at the Toycon. She did some music mixing at the Mindstyle booth. Great to see you again!!!

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1 Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Check out her Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/facckkyeeaitzjaanniiceee
for some booking and also model photoshoot.


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Here’s Arion hosting the inagural Toycon Pop Quiz…
it’s a Quiz night battle of the geeks.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Here’s some names of team joiners. hahhah Avengers Alliance Authority vs. Mang Kanor’s Fury


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1 Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1 Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Pop Culture Quiz battle…til the end.

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Cholo and Arion also hosted the IFLIX Pop Quiz…



Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1 Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

Also.. I met my blog contest winners.. Thanks guys for joining. They won Avengers tshirts c/o SM IMAX Theater.


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

2nd place winner of the Toycon Pop Quiz – Team Mang Kanor’s Fury


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

1st place winner of the Toycon Pop Quiz – Team Full Tank Mo
They won 1st place versus 8 geek teams..

astig!! 2nd Toycon Pop Quiz: Ultimate Battleground Edition will run again next year 2016 at the SMX.

Thanks so much to Wonderworks Unlimited for organizing and hosting the 1st Toycon Pop Quiz.
check out their quiz event service here at https://www.facebook.com/wonderworks.unltd


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

At the end of day 1…… here’s my non toy finds hahahahah
Rin-bee cheese sticks from Oishi.. I super love this chips.


Toycon Philippines 2015 - day 1

And then…I learned that ….we’re promoting the Asia Pop Comicon 2015 in our Toycon Philippines 2015 event… oha…first appearance here!

-- end of day 1