Chibo Okonomiyaki date with wife

IMG_20180622_070728


I mentioned in my previous blog post about Chibo Okonomiyaki, the Japanese resto in S Maison that specializes in okonomiyaki. We are having a hard time to get a seat back at this resto during the early days when S Maison mall was newly opened. So that's why we always visit the other resto at the next door.

But then I got a chance to taste Chibo Okonomiyaki's popular product and I'm very satisfied for its taste and service.

But there's a big difference when you dine in at their branch in S Maison and also the brand at Podium mall. I learned that the branch here in S Maison has a special table -- a teppanyaki heated table, where you can place any kind of food that will kept warm all the time. For their branch in Podium mall, they don't have the teppanyaki, I don't know the reason why they don't have it there, maybe because people there are always on the go due to its location at the center of Ortigas Business District. People just come and go after dining.

See Also. Chibo Okonomiyaki Podium branch offers more than just an okonomiyaki

IMG_20180622_064917

I've been sharing my story to my wife about my resto visit and she was still in Australia when I first dine in at their Podium branch, I told her that "hey, their okonomiyaki taste good!" So fast forward after 3 months, we finally made it to Chibo Okonomiyaki in S Maison and I'm so excited to show her the teppanyaki table and also show her how to eat the okonomiyaki ( I research on Youtube, the how-to hahahah)

IMG_20180622_070649

We ordered their Okonomiyaki Yakisoba set. The set is good for 2 personand the price is at PHP 1,088 only.

The set comes with
Mix Okonomiyaki
Buta Yakisoba
Chibo Salad
Pork omellete
Blancomange wit mango puree

The resto staff brought our food one by one at our table and then they placed the yakisoba and okonomiyaki at the heated teppanyaki, the waiter staff did the finishing touches by frying it around and add toppings for our food.

Other plated meal are also on top of the heated teppanyaki, so that the food will be warm always.
The only food that are not on the heated pan is the salad and also dessert.

Watching the resto staff using the teppanyaki on our table is added attraction to resto customers. You'll see how they heat it and also add condiments on your food.

For kids, they will love the stunt when they saw it, but take note that kids should be away from the heated pan and inform them that the surface is  hot. You can also tell the resto to staff to turn it off or just tell them if you dont want to use the teppanyaki pan


IMG_20180622_070430

Here's our food on the table --  Chibo Yakisoba


IMG_20180622_070350

The Pork Omellete tastes so good!!!!
I was tempted to order an extra pork omellete, reminds me of the tasty tamago.



IMG_20180622_070434

Chibo Salad


IMG_20180622_070642

Mix Okonomiyaki - a kind of okonomiyaki that mixes pork, shrimp, beef and veggies


IMG_20180622_070720

Final form of the Mix Okonomiyaki
Just use the mini spatula to cut it and also use it as your spoon
I super enjoyed eating the okonomiyaki using the steel spatula, I just learned that it is the proper way to eat an okonomiyaki, by using the spatula and not the chopsticks.


IMG_20180622_072617

Blancomange with mango puree -- at first I thought that it was peaches hahaha
The dessert is good! And they set meal includes two dessert.

Wow!! my 1k meal is perfect!!! Im going to order this next time because the serving is just right and its on my budget range for 2 person when dining in a resto.

I'm excited to intro this to my son for our next visit.

See you soon Chibo Okonomiyaki