DC Superheroes Cafe Philippines in SM Megamall - the best themed resto in Manila



DC Superheroes Cafe is one of the best themed restaurant here in Manila, and the good part here is that it is an official branch in the Philippines, coming straight from the early branch in Singapore. The name of the resto, the menu and the interiors are all officially licensed by DC Comics.

DC Superheroes Cafe opened its doors last July 2018 and it was well visited by comics fans, especially DC Comics fans. DC Superheroes Cafe or DC Cafe is located at the Fashion Hall level of SM Megamall.

PERSONAL VISIT
I visited DC Cafe after weeks of its launched, but I failed to try their food because the resto is on soft launch and not yet fully operational (means they are closed during day time last July), so I let them go full operation after a month and I got a chance to visit it last August when my wife and her St Paul HS BFFs booked a reservation for lunch.



It was a Saturday lunch and the entire DC Cafe is packed with lots of dining customers and kids. We’re glad that we have reservations already and we went there as specified on our booking time.




Me and my son are already viewing the DC comics merchandise, toys and comics at their display wall, we just view the display while waiting for our table to get fixed by the staff. There’s a seat outside the door for waiting customers, you need to line up there also if you are a walk in guest. There’s a staff to assist you to get a table.  



INSIDE DC CAFE
Interesting stuff inside the DC Cafe, some of the interiors are coming from straight from the comics and tv series of DC. CC Jitters is a cafe in Central City,  this cafe appears in The Flash TV Series, were Barry and Iris usually meet for a talk and coffee.

Its great to see that the DC Cafe has its own Easter Eggs. Lots of things can be spotted, maybe I can do next time a 2nd blog to feature the Easter Egg inside DC Cafe.. game ?



LED TV displaying some of the food at DC Cafe. Im not sure if there are times if they are playing some DC related movies, cartoons or series.

Btw, this cafe reminds me of that cafe that appeared in Kingdom Come comics. Old age Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent and Diana Prince met there after a long time of incognito, and decided to go back as superheroes to stop uncontrolled new superheroes and villain from fighting in civilian areas.  --- ok Im geeking out again. Hahaha. Just read Kingdom Come mini series.




The mat and the plate of DC Cafe -- -cute!! I want to take this home with me haha. It will be best also if they have spoons, fork and knives with DC Cafe label, or label with superheroes logo.




Yup. that’s the menu. My son reads it like a newspaper. I let him choose the food he want to eat that day.


THE MENU







The Menu
I noticed that some of their food are at the range of PHP 300+ and up. Its a price range that is normal for regular restaurants. If you plan to dine in, I suggest you set a budget around PHP 500, if you plan to enjoy a meal around the PHP300+ range with smoothie, softdrinks or iced tea.

If you are going to have a date, I suggest you bring at least PHP1000 to buy you and your date a food


THE FOOD
Here are the food and drinks we ordered that day.



Berry Cheesecake Smoothie
PHP 190

My son laughs because the smoothie got a Wonder Woman logo, I told him its okay, just stir it to remove the WW logo hahaha.

The fun thing -- it comes with a plastic sword for you to use it in stirring the smoothie



Black Forest Mojito
PHP 280

Yup they serve drinks with alcohol and I want to relax that’s why I need to drink this together with my lunch. And yeah, it taste good!! Panalo ang kick!




French Onion Soup
PHP 280

Im a  French Onion Soup fanatic, and I super love slurping the onion soup and the melted cheese. DC Cafe is different, served in a bowl and not on a big bun which sometimes some resto do that.

Also I like that they include some fancy decor on the food you ordered, here it goes along with a plastic transparent Batman logo.




Mac and Cheesemeister
PHP 380

Kids love mac and cheese. It arrived on our table on a hot metal pan. The cheese melts away with the macaroni.  -- its good!!! And I enjoyed this kid treat.




Shrimp Bisque and Noodles
PHP 390

My meal...I love pasta or noodles with squid ink, I tried their dish and I love the creamy taste and flavor of the thick squick ink on the noodles and the tomatoey sauce. Plus the baby squid tastes great.



Space-bound Fried Chicken Sandwich
PHP 360

Its a heavy meal, I dont know why I ordered this hahaha.



The sandwich comes along with a plastic Green Lantern burger stick. The chicken meat is so tasty and crispy. I didn’t put some ketchup because I don't want to ruin its flavorful meat



I super enjoyed my meal here in DC Cafe… Lots of ups and down with this cafe, some say its expensive, but for me the price is just right when you dine in a resto. Burgers, ramen and rice meal in other resto are at price range of PHP300+, here in DC Cafe you get to pay 1 meal around PHP 300+

Im not sure if walk ins will get a table right away, but its better you call them for a table reservation a day before your visit. But you can do that if you plan to visit on a weekend, take note that DC Cafe is inside SM Megamall Fashion Hall, one of the biggest and busiest mall in the Philippines, so expect a lot of customers and foot traffic.

If you plan to eat on a weekday, then I think walk ins can get a table right away. Or maybe go here and eat before lunch or dinner time.



MR. BILL
And here’s my bill….. Tada!!!!! PHP 2,036
Grabe mahal!! But its okay, thats the effect of ordering too much food for a personal visit and food review hahaha.

Next time..Burger na lang ako Or a French Onion Soup.  

But the tip here is that--  order the food and skip ordering those special drinks. Bring your own drink - iced tea or softdrinks and place it in your tumbler.  Ayan tipid ka na.



Let’s check out some of the interiors and display at DC Cafe.




I super like this stained glass wall. The scene pops out straight from the comic book



Lots of Superman images on the wall showing the different generation of Superman. I started there from the John Byrne age up to Leinil Yu versions.



Life size statues of Wonder Woman



Batman…. For Cybrog, Flash and Aquaman, they are located around the cafe. I wonder when will they have a Darkseid life size statue.



DC CAFE STORE
DC Cafe is not just a cafe restaurant, they are also a store. Visit the store at the end of the cafe and you’ll see a mini store selling lots of DC comics merch, toys and play things.



Son Ash is so excited..he want that Funko Pop! But I told him the Superman, Batman and Flash cap is better. But then he refuse and want a LEGO.. Ok boy, let;s get out of here! Hahaha.

THE REVIEW
The food and drinks at DC Cafe is good, I enjoyed my dining experience here because the food taste good and Im very satisfied with the taste, I wonder who are those kitchen heroes inside the cafe.

I haven’t been to the Singapore branch, and Im not sure if the menu and food quality are the same. The price of the food is just right, I have no complains about their price ranges, as I mentioned before that’s the regular rate for a restaurant. Maybe baka cheaper pa din dito sa Philippines if you compare menu prices in Singapore.

We also enjoyed the photo op session with the displays and interiors of the resto, I noticed that some of my cosplayer friends are regular customers of DC Cafe, its fun to see them do photo ops in superhero costume when dining in. Maybe soon, me and my son will dine in here next Halloween wearing some DC comics theme costume. (naku wala pa ko costume na naka ready, pwede Guy Gardner na lang)  

The only hassle here at DC Cafe is that the line is long during peak hours -- that’s lunch and dinner time and also during weekends. Getting a table reservation will save you more time and wont give any worries because if you arrive on time, DC Cafe make sure you come in with a table ready for you.  


Waving Hi and hello to my wife and her HS BFF..

Visit DC Superheroes Cafe in Fashion Hall of SM Megamall.
For news and updates, visit their FB Page at https://www.facebook.com/DCCafePh