Travel to Isabela Province - Bambanti Festival 2019 part 1



I went to Isabela Province to attend the Bambanti Festival, I first heard about the festival when my blogger friend Ted Claudio went there last 2018, and he told me if ever Im interested, I can join with them to a road trip going to Isabela, I laughed when I heard “road trip” because its really a road trip with 10+ hours land travel via bus, I learned the travel time when I experience for the first time going to Sta. Ana, Cagayan for Partakan Festival, we passed by Isabela Province and we reached Cabagan City after 16 hours, and we ate our early dinner at 4pm in a small carinderia where I first tasted the Pancit Cabagan.

I wasn’t able to join last year because I got a schedule to Siargao on the same day, so after our travel, I saw Ted’s photo and video and I learned that Bambanti Festival celebrates when people dress up in scarecrow costume and it promotes the culture, heritage, the people and agriculture of Isabela, as one of the top producers of corn.

For this year, Im happy that Ted invited me again to join and just like my advocacy, I want to promote the less popular or less mainstream fiesta and festival celebration of the Philippines.



Here’s our bus transport going to Isabela province, btw our invitation came from the Isabela provincial government and was handled by a PR here in Manila that invites media and bloggers to join the trip.

We left QC at around 8am and travel all the way to Isabela with 3-4 stops for lunch and CR break.



According to my Google Maps its an 8 hour travel, but that’s not accurate, from my time stamp, we arrived in Isabela in 10 hours.



Some of my window view in the bus while on a road trip to Isabela.




Everyone are quiet during the trip. All of us are asleep as we wait to reached our destination



Meeting new people on board, members of the media and blogging community.




Arriving in Hotel Sophia at around 7pm+  ( this photo was the next day )




I just learned that the Hotel Sophia is located near Cauayan Airport.  The only airport here in Isabela. I didn’t even noticed that behind the hotel is an airport.



My small room in Hotel Sophia.  Im not complaining, for me this is the most comfy bed space ever. I slept peacefully and I like the small space.



Hotel Sophia room rates
economy room - PHP 799
standard room - PHP 1399
standard room with terrace - PHP 1499
standard room with twin bed - PHP 1599
matrimonial room - PHP 1599
deluxe room - PHP 1799
triple sharing room - PHP 1899
superior deluxe room - PHP 1999
superior deluxe twin bed - PHP 2199
family room - PHP 2699
superior pool view - PHP 2999
presidential suite - PHP 5999

for booking email them at thehotelsophia@yahoo.com



After eating our buffet dinner at Hotel Sophia - wow!! They have buffet dinner at the hotel.
I went back to my room, changed my clothes and wear my pajama, and slept more to recharge my body for our day 1 coverage of the Bambanti Festival



The next morning, I was surprised to see this giant statue of Mickey Mouse, I dont know why they put it there, Im familiar with this kind of figure design, its a Mindstyle design for an art figure of Manny Pacquiao vs. Mickey Mouse.

I think the owner of this hotel might be an art designer toy collector



My camera gears for day 1
Fujifilm XT100
DJI Osmo Pocket camera
DJI Ryze Tello drone



So that’s my blog story for my trip to Isabela
Stay tuned for more story about Isabela and their Bambanti Festival